5/25/2008

Postcard from Lisbon


Alfama, Lisbon, Portugal

This is my postcard for all of you who, for any reason, get to this blog.
Even though it's not my birth town, I'm living in Lisbon for some years now and I have to say I consider it a must for anyone who comes travelling ot Europe.
As the picture can tell, it can be considered very exotic and has a long historical record from roman remains to the great transformation due to the 1755 earthquake (9 degrees in Richter scale) and tsunami which have destroyed mostly the downtown and killed 10.000 inhabitants.
Don't miss it!

Ps - If you're planning to come, try doing it during the Saints festivities (around 13th June)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com